Friday, December 23, 2011
Hello everyone! I hope your excited for the holidays. I am, I just can't believe they are already here! I have been so busy with work and thanksgiving and visiting family its been a whirlwind. I have been back on my diet for a while but these huge family dinners haven't helped so I'm at a standstill of only losing 12 pounds. I have recently gotten some early Christmas presents like the urban decay book of shadows four and the balm and the beautiful palette by the balm. I want to do a tutorial /review with that because I haven't seen many people with it, my mom found it at marshals. Anyway I'm currently up at 12:04 AM waiting till 3 in the morning for my mom to get home from work so we can open presents because we celebrate our Christmas on Christmas eve and we always convince her that it is technically Christmas eve then we should get to open them. I'm also especially excited because it is mine and my boyfriend William's first Christmas together so it's special for a sap like me! I'm not so excited about going to his family's Christmas tomorrow because it will be the first time they meet me besides like his mom and dad and immediate family. I know I will be fine but I still have the jitters. So I guess that is all for now tell me how your holiday functions go!- court.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Free stuff and samples!
- it's a 10 gave out four free full size products!: miracle hair mask, miracle leave in product, miracle styling serum, and miracle shine spray. If you have ever used these or even seen the salon price you know how unbelievably mind blowing this was for me and everyone there.They really are miracle products
- Then I got a ton of samples that I've already used or given away but the few I have left are KMS california free shape quick blow dry spray, Goldwell straight style sign flat marvel straightening balm, and Wella professionals Stay Firm finishing spray.
Things bought for me by my mommy:)
- Three Color Evolution 8 stack mineral eyeshadow in Techno, Lucky Charms, and Glitz & Glamour. Came with eye primer lip gloss, clear nail polish, and mineral glow in cocoa.
- Crown brushes in c108, c417, c208, c433, and c407. You have no idea or maybe you do how stoked I was to see crown brushes. I could have got nothing else and it would have made the trip! p.s. their holiday sale right now is up to 70 percent off!
- Hempz lip glosses in yummy scents, warm apple cider, pumpkin pecan cheesecake, coconut cream frosting, gingerbread cookie, and pumpkin spice latte.
- The rest of the stuff was in the discounted "garage sale" area of products that were overstock for the year or being replaced..ect. Two Tigi Bedhead conditioners in Dumb Blonde and Moisture Maniac, two Bedhead lipsticks in truth and beauty, three lip liners in fabulous, black cherry, kiss smudgie, and a liner in hottie smudgie.
- Schwarzkopf professional osis+ freeze fix strong hold hairspray.
- Kenra super hold finishing spray.
p.s. check out my pink hair! Also I do plan on reviewing some of these but feel free to let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Today I decided to do a bit of a review on my Avon Ideal shade pressed powder and some other Avon products. First thing is no I do not hate Avon lol. With that said my powder has a very strong stinky chemical smell when you put it on. It is odd because if you smell it in the pan it doesn't have a very strong smell. Who knows I could've just got a bad one but I wont be repurchasing. Other than the smell its a pretty full coverage powder that does its job of setting foundation so if its just me that smells it you might love it.
The next product is Avon solutions ageless results eyecream. Yes I know I am only 18 but hey an early start couldn't hurt! Anyway I use this as my all over moisturizer and I love it. It takes a while to really set in my skin but once it does my skin feel amazing. And it also seem when I use it my foundation stays on longer and glides on smoother.
The last products for this review are the Avon glimmerstick and glimmerstick diamond eyeliners. I absolutely love these they are so pigmentined, stay on quite a while and double time if you set them with shadow. The two I have to show are emerald G65 and twilight sparkle G42. I've ran out of my black wich is equally as pigmented. I would say emerald is smudge resistant and twilight sparkle is smudge-proof! Thanks for reading! bye
Friday, September 23, 2011
Hey everyone! today's post as you can tell is about this lovely Inglot eye shadow palette that my boyfriend got me for my birthday then decided to give it to me early because I'm doing well on my diet! I have to say Inglot is everything I expected, awesome! Since I showed pictures of them on me I didn't do swatches but if you would like just ask! I used every color in this palette besides the first one, its just a matte nude color.Other products used were UDPP and NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk. The shadows I have are :
- 355 matte-Cool tone light matte nude color.
- 393 pearl-Warm tone pearly highlight.
- 60 AMC- Not too sure what amc stands for but its a sparkly bright yellow.
- 382 matte- Very red toned hot pink could go either way.
- 504 DS- Again not too sure what DS means but sparkly blue turquoise color.
- Pigmentation- amazing all of them are very pigmented.Even the matte shades you only need a little but and you don't have to dig into it.
- Price-In my opinion the price is a steal. You get 2.7 grams of product for 5 dollars. To compare the quality is the same as MAC if not better in my opinion where you get 1.5 grams for 15 dollars.
- Packaging-I personally think the packaging is awesome. My boyfriend made fun of me for playing with it so much and I was like well its the James bond of eye shadow palettes lol. Also since the freedom palettes are magnetic you can stack them. I can't do that yet, but I definitely will be.
- Color selection-For the freedom system the are around 209 and that's not counting the shadows you can get from the regular line.
- Finishes- All the finishes are true to what they are supposed to be the mattes are matte and the shimmers go on with the shimmer still in them. The pearl shadow I have is so pearly I love it is definitely my favorite new highlight.
- Website-The way things are set up aren't very user friendly. First you go to Inglot.com then you have to hit shop online even thought they have tabs for makeup on the first page. Also there is a tab for a freedom Guide and it just shows an eye shadow going into a palette. Since I watch videos I know what the freedom system is but if I didn't there site would be no help. When selecting shades there is a nice automatic calculator but if you happen to miss that one shadow is out of stock it clears all the shades you selected which, is very annoying in my boyfriends words lol.
- Arrangement- Putting the shadows in was very easy but on the other hand getting them out is a hassle and you have to be super careful or they will break.
- Fallout- While they are very smooth if you aren't careful to tap the brush there is a bit of fallout from picking it up on your brush creating a lot of "shadow dust" you could call it.
p.s. I forgot to add I wish they had names instead of numbers. not a huge deal though
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Don't weigh yourself 10 times a day. I have my boyfriend hide the scale so I only weigh myself on Mondays. This way I'm not obsessively on the scale lowering my confidence because I haven't given enough time for the real difference to show.
- Along with the first tip weigh yourself in the morning before you eat or drink anything and after everything has digested if you know what I mean lol these things can change your weight temporarily.
- Create a schedule so you aren't excessively snacking or eating too late. Mine is to eat breakfast when I wake up around 9am, lunch at 12pm, and dinner at 5pm.
- Something that helps me not snack is to chew a piece of the dessert gum Extra has out. If you think the flavor will make you crave more then try minty gum instead.
- Keep track of things. My boyfriend and I have been documenting everything I eat and how much I exercise. Doing this helps you not forget any calories you've ate, showing your progress on exercising,and keeping record of how long it took you to lose what you want.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Last night I finally finished The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part I. It was an O.K. book, not as gripping as the vampire diaries, but still good. I have to say its sort of slow because I figured out a big realization before the main character Cassie. Not to say I wasn't excited about doing so though hehe. As for the rest of the characters I like most of them. I just don't like that besides Faye, Diana, and Cassie the rest of the girls don't really stand out. That said I understand they aren't main characters so they don't necessarily have to. Welp that's all for now I do have an exciting weightloss update coming up in a few days! so look out for that tata!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
My new obsession is Wetn'Wild pallets! Now I have used Wetn'Wild since I started makeup as a little girl because it was cheap and decent and I had no clue there was a whole world of makeup other than the drugstore that was a lot better. Now there isn't such a wide gap of quality between the shadows I'm going to talk about and some high-end makeup.
Friday, July 22, 2011
The second product, if you're still reading this lol, are covergirl eye enhancers. I bought two shades, french vanilla and champagne, in hopes of adding pretty highlights to my collection. Unfortunately they turned out very sheer unless I dug my brush in. They turned out best without digging with their own sponge applicator. I plan on using then as inner corner highlights because I spent the money but just like the Revlon lipstain I will not be repurchasing these Covergirl shades again I'm including pictures but I don't have special lighting so I'm only using outside natural light so the lighting may be off either way.The first picture showa the how long the lipstains lasted untill the started showing up patchy. the last went longer because it was the last purchased and has been used last.
The second picture shows on top champagne and below french vanilla applied with the sponge applicator. Believe it or not next to them i applied them with a sigma typical eyeshadow paddle brush but they are so sheer you can't see them. Thanks for reading XoXo
currently listening to Back to December by Taylor Swift
Monday, July 4, 2011
Friday, June 24, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Currently loving Motivation by keri Hilson ft. Lil wayne;)
Friday, January 21, 2011
So I'll start off by saying I absolutely love this book. I can't beleive I didn't pick it up before. I got off to a slow start because I'm buisy with school work and things but as soon as i actually sat down to really read it I was hooked. The main character Ruby was so interesting with all her theories and ideas on things, some I related to but most I just just got her point and understood why she felt the way she did. I think by the end my favorite thing was that after she had came around to everything changing she experienced how it felt for her sister and everyone to help her see she needed help when she was dealing with Nate. She got to kind of see the from the outside how wrong she was about being okay. I think IT would be good for everyone to step back and look at their situations and see whats really going on as the person trying to help them before things explode terribly and it would help. I gave this book 5 stars and i hope to read more of her books,
p.s. my next book is going to be Fallen by Lauren Kate
This is an assignment for english class I did on Lock and key so it might help you understand my views a bit more.
Book Lock and Key Author Sarah Dessen
Publisher The Penguin Group Copywrite 2008 No. of pages 422
Type of Book : Fiction or Non-Fiction (adventure, mystery, biography, etc.)
List the characters. Under line the main character. Give a brief assessment of each.
Ruby- is a 17 year old living on her own in very bad conditions because her mom abandons her. When the landlord calls children services her sister Cora, adopts her and she goes to live with her and her husband, Jamie in their huge house and gets transferred to a private school.
Cora- Ruby’s sister who is ten years older than her and takes her in. She works as a social worker. She moved out of the house when she was 18 and planned to come back for Ruby but their mom made it hard because she purposely moved and changed their information when Cora would get closer to finding them.
Mom- Ruby and Cora’s mom had the same name as Ruby. After the dad left she turned into an alcoholic and druggie and at times hit the girls. She preached to ruby that everyone was out to get them and she had to learn to be independent and under the radar.
Jamie- is the owner of the social network site UME.com and is Cora’s college sweetheart and husband. Very cheerful and does everything he can to welcome ruby and give her every opportunity he could.
Nate- Next door neighbor boy who tries to get ruby to open up and he helps her the first night at Cora’s when she tries to run away but Jamie comes out so Nate covers for her. He works with his dad who is very controlling and beats him in the end he gets Cora’s help because ruby realizes she needs to help him. He and ruby become boyfriend and girlfriend.
The Honeycutts- The landlord husband and wife, who report Ruby’s mom abandoning her.
Mr. Blake Cross- is Nate’s dad, the owner of rest assured that he has his son
Nate help with.
Olivia- is Ruby’s friend at Perkins, day who was also from Jackson her old school.
Harriet-is a nervous wreck owner of a jewelry kiosk in the mall who hires Ruby to work for her.
Reggie- is friend of Harriet’s who owns a vitamin kiosk in the mall who likes Harriet.
Describe the setting. Explain how this had an affect on the characters and their actions
Takes place in wildflower ridge where Ruby Moves to with her sister and brother-in-law from the yellow house where her mom abandoned her.
Describe the climax of the story or most interesting part? (This will depend on the type of book.)
The climax to, was when Ruby is taking her calculus test and figures out that Nate is in the empty house that they once delivered stuff to then she goes there and talks him into
Describe the feeling and thoughts you had while reading this book?
When I was reading this book I felt like I connected with ruby. A lot of her thought on things were how I feel sometimes for example when she talks about leaving someone before you get left. Even though it might not be a good trait all the time its how I feel so I felt really connected with her. I also felt the emotions she was going through with everything changing and not feeling settled. Even though that not how my life is I just imagined and at times it made me cry like it was happening to me.
-born in 1970 in Illinois.
-her parents were both professors at the university of North Carolina.
-He first official book was That Summer
-She has a husband, daughter and two dogs.
Just listen, The Truth about Forever, This Lulliby, Dreamland, Keeping the moon..ect.
Young language. First person. Some humor. Complex stories but, relatable.
and the book.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
So today I was getting ready for school and my mom tells me we have a two-hour delay.Now I figure I have the extra time to do something cool with my makeup so before I knew it had sparkly green,matte purple eyeshadow and magenta colored feather lashes on and i was totally going to wear them when my mom tells me we are closed, so that was a bust but I fully intend on wearing them wherever I go today and possibly try again tomorrow:) -kortnee *im still in yet another reading block but i started lock and key by sarah dessen.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
The second book is heartless a pretty little liars book by sarah sheperd. I find I'm kind of having the same problem with the series being too drug on. Also since it is very drama packed I like that but its kind of bittersweet because its like come on now really? you can only die so many times and come back before its ridiculous lol
Now I've started lock and key by sarah dessen but I'm really busy with school so I probably wont really get into it till tomorrow or Sunday.